Monday, March 6, 2017

Sweet Strawberries

 It's been a long time since we blogged to blog! We've talked, as sisters, and we're ready to remedy that! So don't give up on us! We're excited to elaborate more on our Instagram projects.

First up, my Strawberry quilt!!! How can these sweet quilt not take center stage?!


I used the pattern Strawberry Social from Pattern Basket. If you google that it will come right up.

I used a larger variety of prints than the pattern suggests and didn't add a border since I wanted mine a little smaller. I used the dot from the line "Hello Bear" by Bonnie Christine for Art Gallery Fabrics, I think it's the perfect background for a strawberry quilt!


This quilt was made for my sweet Lucy girl! (Do you just love her strawberry sheets?! I HAD to buy them right?!)

I've got myself into a tradition of making my babies 4 year old quilts. Nothing specific, just a reason to make them a quilt! I add an embroidered message to the back too.


I added the SOFTEST minky to the back, I've been hanging onto it for a while and it is seriously incredibly cozy.


I asked my very talented friend, Rhonda who owns Olie and Evie, if she would quilt this for me. Maybe it's cheesy but I found a design with bees, flowers and leaves and thought it was too cute to pass up on.  She also wrote "Lucia" on one of the strawberries and I just love that.


Thanks friends for stopping by!! Hope to see and hear more from you! :)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lynette said...

What a sweet quilt! Love that eyelash minky on the back.

claudia said...

I'm happy to see you online again! Lucia is adorable and that sweet strawberry quilt suits her perfectly!

Kathleen OGrady said...

Love your quilt! It has been on my to-do for a while and after seeing yours I really want to make one.

Lokashree sam said...

It was a great information and Its really worth reading it. The author did an mind blowing work by describing each and every concept in detail. Thanks for such an informative post. Please keep up your good work.
Marine Colleges in Chennai, Engineering Colleges In Chennai

Prasanth said...

Thanks for the information. Helped us to convince most on how this process works and what they could achieve by following these guidelines.
UI Designing Company in Bangalore, Web Application Development Companies in Bangalore